Department: Director of Technical Education, Assam (DTE)
Exam: Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2020
Last Date: 31/03/2020
If you are waiting for a Diploma course admission, then your wait is finally over. DTE, Assam, is going to conduct a Polytechnic Admission Test 2020 examination for the Diploma courses. So, if you are interested then please do APPLY.
On clearing the exam, you will get admission into Diploma Courses in State Government Polytechnics of Assam and Polytechnics outside Assam (against seat allotted by the Govt. of India)/ Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Sibsagar / Central Institute of Plastic and Engineering Technology, Changsari, Guwahati ( Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India ) for the session 2020-2021.
PAT 2020 Eligibility and Age Limit:
Candidate must pass the H.S.L.C. or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science as a compulsory subject with -
- 40% marks [average] in Mathematics and Science for General Candidates.
- 35% marks [average] in Mathematics and Science for Schedule Caste Candidates.
- 33% marks [average) in Mathematics and Science for Scheduled Tribes Candidates.
- For Institutions outside Assam [against Govt. of allotted seats]
- General = 20 years 6 months on 31/12/2020
- Schedule Caster/Schedule Tribe = 23 years 6 months on 31/12/2020
- For Institute outside Assam (against Govt. of India allotted seats) = Upper age limit is 20 years 6 months on 31/12/2020
An application fee of Rs.500/- [plus bank charges as applicable] is to be paid using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Payment may also be made in cash at any State Bank of India after generating the Cash Deposit Form from “State Bank Collect’ in the final step of Online Application. Further instructions will be available during the online application process.
PAT 2020 Admission Test will be conducted in selected centers at Mangaldoi, Tezpur, Tinsukia, and Govt. Polytechnics/ Institutions of Assam.
How to Apply for the PAT 2020?
Interested and eligible applicants, who are Permanent Resident of Assam, need to register online to appear in the exam. Visit the www.dte.assam.gov.in and click on "Online Application for PAT - 2020" and then follow the rest instruction to complete the registration.
PAT 2020 Important Dates & Timing
- Online Registration Start Date = 01/03/2020
- Online Registration Last Date = 31/03/2020
- Issue of Online Admit Card = 27/04/2020 to 08/05/2020
- Date of Admission Test = 10/05/2020
- Exam Date = 10/05/2020
- Exam Time = 10 am to 12 noon (Sunday)
- Subject = Mathematics and Science
- Full Marks = 100
- Type of Question Paper = Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)